In 2009 my husband got a job in Singapore. Woohoo!
We were not specially looking for that, but since it happened, we decided to enjoy ourselves as much as we could.
Since then I live 6 months per year in the Netherlands and the other 6 months in Singapore. During my 6 months in Singapore, I usually accompany my husband to wherever his work brings him. You can find out more about that on my other Pages on this blog.
When in Singapore, besides being a good housewife;-), all I have to do is entertain myself.
That usually means:
- catching up with my girlfriends here. Some of them are expats, some of them are locals. Some I met via tango, others via photography or via their pet. We have lunch, go for coffee, chat and check out new things.
- exploring the city. For that I read a lot. Newspapers, magazines (like Time Out Singapore), websites and other blogs help me to keep up to speed with what’s going on and get informed about upcoming events. From there on it is a matter of taking the MRT (metro), take a taxi or walk, camera on hand, and check it out. This can be anything. A new restaurant, street art, a festival, fashion events, specific neighborhoods, botanical gardens, whatever…. The sky is the limit. A curious mind and an easily entertained personality go a long way;-).
- helping out friends. Some of my friends have a small business and sometimes need a hand or some advice. I am happy to oblige whenever I can.
- blogging. In the first place for this website, but I write guest posts as well.
- dancing tango and DJ-ing on tango-evenings. I do this wherever I am: e.g. in the Netherlands, Europe, New York, Canada, Argentina, Korea, Singapore and India, to name some places.
- sketching with Paper53 on my iPad.
- spending time on social media and writing old fashioned snail mail to my friends and family back home.
Initially I had a list of URL’s here, leading to my posts about Singapore, but it grew over my head, going up to 500 posts.
So here is my advice:
in the right column on this website, there is a small bar that says :”search this blog”. Type in “Singapore” or something more specific like “Gardens by the bay” and all my relevant posts should pop up. Easypeasy, right?!
Also feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions about Singapore. I am happy to answer them for you: