OMG! I’m a sexagenarian.
I recently turned 61. There’s no denying then; I’m definitely a sexagenarian!
Hm, in english it sounds less bad than in Dutch. Sex-A-Genarian. It does have a sexy ring to it, doesn’t it?
There’s a lot you’re not supposed to do any longer when you are old(-er). There’s are tons of unwritten rules, expectations and judgements.
Fortunately more and more ageing/aged people make up their own minds and rules about what they (still) can (not) and should (not) do.
61 things I’ll keep doing now I’m 61
Making a list like this is far from original. But it is MY list! And I know you’re dying to find out all about it. Hahaha… So dive in!
Here are the 61 things I intend to do/keep doing at the age of 61 and beyond:
- Move to Spain #vivaespana . Read more about my Spanish dream here.
- Learn Spanish #olehablaespanol #duolingo
- Make new friends #friendsaredabomb . Get to know some of my friends here , here or here
- Let my hair grow longer and longer, until I trip over it. Hahaha… #curlygirl . Who says older women need to wear their hair short?! I wrote about curly hair here and here.
- Drink champagne. Whenever/wherever I can. Every day is a good day for champagne, I say. Especially pink champagne! HEAVEN! #champagne #pinkchampagne #morechampagneplease
- Wear colourful clothes and accessories #moreismore . Have a closer look at my fashion style here and here.
- Keep blogging
- Wear lingerie
- Keep sketching on my iPad #paper53 . I wrote several blog posts about Paper53. Just type Paper53 in the search bar and they will all pop up.
- Paint my nails in every imaginable color and design
- Wear make up
- Enjoy art
- Wear heels
- Dance as often as possible
- Dance the argentine tango
- Hang out with young people #agedoesnotmatter
- Drink cocktails #cheersbottomsup
- Play dress up
- Play games. #homoludens
- Go crazy with Halloween costumes . Have a look at our costumes and make up here
- Try to get out of an escape room. So far I never succeeded. #worstescaperever
- Relax with Netflix; bingewatching as a couch potato #bestescapismever
- Talk to every cat and dog I run into with a high-pitched animal voice #weirdcatlady
- Watch funny and cute animal videos on Instagram daily
- Travel #wanderlust
- Write lots of snail mail, embellished with stickers and glitter and what not.
- Walk daily, although with mild, repressed resentment. Purely to control my diabetes and my weight. #diabetessucks
- Take lots of pictures
- Stay curious #curiosityneverkilledanycat
- Keep in touch with friends and family
- (Re-) start working out on my Wii Sports
- Chase my dreams #dreambig #ordreamsmall #justrealizethembeforeitstoolate
#adaywithoutlaughingis….Oh, please, so corny and untrue
- Cry #itsmypartyandIcryifIwantto
- Take hot baths #hottub #jaccuzzi
- Be creative
- Enjoy life #carpediem
- Unfortunately: get stressed #wishIwasmoreZen
- Surround myself with kitsch and quirky things . Take a peek inside my quirky house in Haarlem here.
- Discover new music
- Buy unnecessary stuff #justcauseIlikeit
- Enjoy sunny weather
- Hate sports #amIreallytheonlypersonintheworldwhohatessports
- Be a city-girl
- Avoid too much nature
- Avoid health food #healthyfoodisnofun
- Enjoy junkfood #whyisntjunkfoodhealthyfood
- Learn how to be a good photographer
- Paint my hair blond, blue or pink, whatever I feel like. #blondeshavemorefun
- Another unfortunate one: get irritated in traffic #*@%grrrmoveyoub****rd
- Enjoy the digital life
- Enjoy being on my own #solotimeisrechargetime
- Talk to girlfriends #girlfriendsarecrucialinlife
- Dream about cake, whipped cream, loads of french fries -with mayo- and italian ice-cream #letthemeatcake #whycantIeatcake
- Be honest
- Be myself
- Learn how to do handlettering
- Keep learning new things
- is none of your business! Sorry, but #somethingsareprivate
Do you have a list like this? Which of my bullet points are on your list as well?