In 2014 I bundled all my info about street art in Singapore in one article, titled The Ultimate Guide for street art in Singapore.
Time for an update.
Where to find street art in Singapore update 2016
Street art hubs and wall pieces tend to come and go
As I explained in my article from 2014, street art is almost per definition a temporary medium. It comes and it goes.
Some pieces can be admired only for one or two days, others may last many years.
There are locations with a lot of street art and graffiti that remain for years and years, maybe with a change of wall art, maybe with the same pieces.
And there are locations that are tore down or that get another destination and stop being a street art hub.
Also there are the single pieces here and there. Not part of a cluster of artworks, but just a mural here and a mural there.
Good street art locations that are staying strong throughout the years
Most of the hubs that I mentioned in my previous article are still in use by street artists today:
- Somerset Skatepark
- Haji Lane
- the underpasses along the Singapore River
- Kampong Glam
- Joo Chiatt.
Areas that have gotten more street art over the last years
- There are some nice, historic murals in Chinatown.
- I spotted these fun cats in Holland Village.
- There are more and more good murals in Little India.
- And Tiong Bahru has its fair share of street art.
Collect street art locations by reading these articles
Check out these articles for more info on specific murals in Singapore and where to find them:
- article by The Honeycombers
- article by ExpatLiving.SG about street art
- even Home and Decor had an article about street art in Singapore
- GOAWAY.SG mentioned some interesting street art to check out
- Cheekiemonkies did their exploring together with their kids
Ofcourse there is a lot more street art and graffiti out there.
It’s just very spread out. So either you have to do your homework, research the web and social media, and make sort of your own map, or you have to go out there (everywhere) a lot and that way improve your chance to stumble upon nice street art here and there.
Do you have something to add to my list(-s)? Please leave a comment!
Which of the above works appeal to you the most? I can’t choose!