Hey, didn’t I see this post about a week ago?!
Yes, you are right.
But….that was just a draft. Only half finished. I accidentally pressed ‘publish’. Found out after a couple of hours and quickly withdrew it. But of course not before quite some people saw it and even left a comment. Oops!
So here it is again. This time it’s complete, as it was supposed to be;-).
Queen of Accessories
Everything went through my hands and ‘everything’ is in my case (being a ‘more is more’ person) A LOT!
As the self-crowned Queen of Accessories, obviously I have a respectable number of hats. (Like I have numerous scarfs, jewelry, hair-accessories, shoes, etc.)
My hats are not Real Designer Fancy Beautiful hats like Judith from the Style Crone. Hers are spectacular, wow wow, and works of art.
No, mine are just hats. Summer hats, winter hats, sun hats.
Why I only occasionally wear a hat
I adore hats, but have to admit that I don’t wear them often, due to various reasons.
- it’s always so windy in Holland
- it’s too hot and humid in Singapore
- either I have one or more big clips in my hair or I have it in an up-do, in both of which cases hats don’t sit well on my head
About hat heads and hat hair
Too bad that I don’t wear them more often, since I love hats AND I have a hat head.
Say what? Let me explain:
- hat head: one has a head (shape) and face that for some reason works very well with hats
- not to be confused with hat hair: hair that is ruined (flattened) from wearing a hat
How to wear a hat
- hats come in sizes. Buy your hats in the right size. I, e.g., have a small head. Find out your size.
- pull the hat over your head. As opposed to letting it sit on top of your head. That looks silly.
- many hats are best worn in an asymmetrical way. Depending on (the shape of) your head and face and the shape and design of the hat. Hats look nicest tilted to the front and/or tilted to one side
- hats and sunglasses work well together. Look at celebrities and models, sporting this look all the time. Hats and regular glasses are not always a good match. So if you wear glasses every day, be sure to wear them when trying on a hat to see if they work well together
Feel free to comment on my hats
During my big cleaning and decluttering sessions I tried all my hats on, to see how they looked. Were they still in one piece or were they broken or damaged here and there? Did they sit and fit well? Did I actually like them enough to keep?
What do you think of the ones you see in this post?
Are you a hat person? Do you wear them often? How many hats do you own and what is your favorite model?