Where to go shopping in Eindhoven
You can go shopping in Eindhoven in several areas/districts. The three main ones are:
1. the city centre: check out Onigiri, Sissy Boy (in the Blob), and Polare Bookstore , to name just a few shops in that area. Well, not ‘just’, these are shops that I like ;-). Besides that, of course all the big brands and known store-chains can be found in this area.
2. De Bergen (see further on in this article)
3. Strijp-S and Strijp-R (see further on in this article)
Different types of shopping experiences in Eindhoven
If you like big shopping malls, often filled with well-known brands, then check out:
Maybe you prefer charming streets with small, independent shops and boutiques. In that case I would advice you to go to De Bergen, a triangular district near the centre.
The three streets forming De Bergen are:
- Kleine Berg
- Grote Berg
There are ample antique stores and more than enough F&B options to choose from.
Some nice shops in this area are :
- reisboekhandel De Bergen +Landschap
- You Are Here
- De Stoute Stoel
- INU4Vintage (located just outside De Bergen triangle)
- Cannes Trouves
Other nice shopping streets, outside De Bergen, are:
Hip hotspots Strijp-S and Strijp-R
For those who are into design, art and creative things, former factory terrains Strijp-S en Strijp-R may be just what you are looking for, with stores like:
Be sure to check out the complete Eindhoven-series, for e.g. for more info on F&B in Eindhoven and for more about the areas Strijp S and R, and to find out all about my visit to Piet Hein Eek’s imperium. I also wrote about where to sleep and tips for art lovers in Eindhoven.
What do you think; enough shopping choices for you? Ready to burn a hole in your wallet in Eindhoven?